Friday, February 8, 2008

What inspires my creative side?

What inspires my creative side,
Can not be bought or compromised.

It’s relaxing in a tranquil place,
Being alone in my personal space.
Or gently caressing my loved ones face.
It’s slowing the pace of this rat world race.

Twelve o’clock outing at the suns full height.
It’s watching the day light turn into night.
Sincerely appreciating the absence of light.

Inspiration is infinite, as wide as the ocean tide.
Don’t let anyone tarnish or toss it aside.
Hold these inspirations closely with pride.
For these things inspire my creative side.

-Dustin Hodgson

2 comments:

Lydia said...

I like this poem. I wanted to ask you for a copy in class. I am going to copy and save it if you don't mind. I think it is well thought out and well written, not to mention that I can relate to it.

Patti Restivo said...

I like your poetry very much, Dustin. Thanks for sharing.
: )